We respect your privacy and ensure that personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in accordance with data protection principles under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other English law.
- What information do we collect?
Automatic information gathering
If you browse our site, some information about you is gathered automatically by cookies and similar technology. This information does not identify you personally but includes:
- your IP address
- your browsing behaviour, including your browser and device characteristics
- the date and time you visit, and pages and services you access
- any sites that directed you to us
Cookies are small data files including a unique identifier that are stored on your device when you visit certain web pages. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise your device. They can also help ensure that advertisements you see online are relevant to you. You can choose to disable cookies, but please note that certain features of our site may not work effectively once cookies are disabled.
Information volunteered by you
If you participate in a survey, send us an e-mail, or perform some other transaction on our site, we collect the personal information volunteered by you. This may include:
- Your e-mail address, and contents of e-mail if you communicate with us in this way;
- Similar details if you communicate with us by telephone, mail or in person;
- Other volunteered contact details;
- Information volunteered in response to a survey or by participating in a contest or other promotion sponsored by us;
- Information volunteered during your registration on our site, such as your name and password; and
- Information volunteered through an online form for any other purpose, including requests to receive samples or marketing information, credit applications, subscriptions to our newsletter and to order products or services.
Please note if you provide personal information when reviewing a product, that reviews posted on our website are public, so only include information you are comfortable with sharing publicly.
Transaction information volunteered by you
If you place an order or subscribe to any services offered by us we will require transaction information, including payment information such as a credit card details as well as general contact, billing and delivery information. This information is necessary to complete the transaction. We use Quickbooks accounting software to securely store your contact details. We use Paypal to process payments and do not have access to your account details.
Transaction information also includes details of the personalisation you require, which may include personal data in the form of text or images. Information required for fulfilling an order is stored on our email system for as long as required to ensure proper customer service and then deleted.
2. Why do we collect this information?
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To answer your questions, fulfil your order and provide related customer services;
- To improve or personalize your online experience, our services, and our communications with you,
- To inform you about products and services that might be of interest to you,
- To identify and prevent fraud, and enhance the security of our network and information systems,
- To better understand how visitors use our website, and to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising. We use Google Analytics to process information to help us understand how people are using our services so that we may continually improve.
3. How do we protect your information?
We limit internal access to your information only to employees who need to use it and are obliged to protect that information and keep it confidential.
External use of volunteered information:
Please note that we share your volunteered information with third parties where they need such access to fulfil their functions. We may employ other companies and individuals to perform specific functions on our behalf such as:
- fulfilment of orders and customer services
- mail and e-mail provisions
- payment processing services
These providers have access only to the information that they require to perform their functions, and are strictly forbidden from using it for any other purposes. You may opt out of this use of your volunteered information at any time, but doing so may impair our ability to provide you with a proper service.
We may also share the information as required or permitted by law, such as when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to cooperate with an investigation into unlawful activities, to enforce our contract, or to protect our rights or property or those of others.
Finally, we may provide your information to third parties involved in any merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization involving us.
We safeguard the integrity of our site to prevent unauthorized access to information maintained by us. These measures are designed to prevent corruption of data and to block unauthorized access to our systems and information. We use SSL computer security services to establish secure session links between the web browsers of our customers and our site. We use secure email facilities and take standard measures to protect our computer systems from attack.
How long do we keep your information?
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided, or as long as we are legally required to do so.
4. Your rights
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information that is being processed by us
- have any errors in your personal information corrected
- have your personal information deleted (or altered so that you are not identifiable) or restrict the ways in which we use your information – but in either case, only under specific circumstances prescribed by law
- opt in or out from allowing us to use your data for marketing communications to you, or change any specific consents you have given us
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
5. How you can exercise these rights?
You can review any personally identifiable information we collect about you by contacting the Data Controller at:
Vapers Collective Limited
85 Great Portland Street
Our goal is to make sure that our information about you is always current so that we can better serve you. If your personal information changes, or you have any request or complaint, please get in touch and we will help solve the problem.
Consent for Minors
The website is not meant for use by children under the age of 18, who are prohibited from purchasing or creating an account.